ss_blog_claim=a290fbfb2dabf576491bbfbeda3c15bc

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Can a woman really strut like a commander-in-chief?

Dear Dr. Billy and Leyner,
I was wondering if you think there's a problem with a woman being president. With hormonal changes and all, could it affect her ability to make decisions? I was also wondering if you thought it might be possible that Hillary Clinton isn't a chick through and through. I read something about women who are actually men. Is that possible?
Butch Edwards, Corpus Christi, TX


Dear Confused in Corpus Christi,
I took a quick look at my calendar just to be sure, and yes, it is 2007. I am surprised you even ask. Women are absolutely equipped to make decisions, direct companies, and even lead our country. I'm not sure there is much more I can add. All humans undergo hormonal fluctuations, and that shouldn't have any impact on decision making.

Maybe I can shed some light on your second question. I think you're referring to a condition known as androgen insensitivity syndrome, or testicular feminization. This is an inherited disorder in which a person who is genetically male has a defect that doesn't allow his body to recognize testosterone. As a result, the person looks like a woman on the outside. It's the most common cause for male pseudohermaphroditism, but I know the doctor who delivered Chelsea Clinton, so I can put your fears about Hillary to rest. She's all w-o-m-a-n.

I also shared your question with Leyner, and he agreed: You really need to rethink your approach to women's rights. That is the only point we seemed to have in common. Leyner then shared with me his own theory on sexual identity.

"Dude, this guy does have one point. Nowadays, with transvestites, transsexuals, and metrosexuals, you never can be sure of somebody's real sex. There has to be a way to know for sure without checking the DNA. We're scientists. Let's figure it out!"

Leyner paused for a couple of minutes and then blurted out, "A test! We'll create a written test. They do it for IQ and personality…I know it can be done. Trust me!"


By: Billy Goldberg

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=a290fbfb2dabf576491bbfbeda3c15bc