ss_blog_claim=a290fbfb2dabf576491bbfbeda3c15bc

Monday, December 04, 2006

Xray of a blogger

Is somebody born a blogger or does she/he become a blogger ?

What are the required skills to actually be a blogger ?

How must a blog be written ?

What do the usual readers expect or want to find in a blog ?

Well, sometimes I have this feeling that I could run the universe quite adequately if asked to in a polite tone of voice.
And, if you are able to run the universe, writing a blog shouldn't look such a big task.

That I assume is the first required skill to begin to write:

- to think that you are able to.

Better :

- to think you are great to.

It is not even important what you talk about, as long as you can write about it in a humoristic or a pleasant way.

You can talk about the weather, the political situation in your country, the airconditioning or music or horses, but in the end what you have to talk is about yourself and your personal life.
That is the catching topic of any blog, or what it is supposed to be.
And, if you have a family or some animals, do not forget to include them in the report of your daily life.

I always wonder : What the hell do people care about my good or wrong doing ?
But, as it looks, sometimes I do not understand.

Then you have to decide in which language your blog is going to be.
It isn't so difficult for a mothertongue English guy.
She/he just goes on the way they taught her/him and, maybe, once in a while, here and there, writes a short sentence in Latin or German or French, just to show she/he is not illiterate.
But for me, it is not an easy choice.
I am mothertongue Italian and therefore I should write in Italian (many ask me : why an Italian has to make a blog in English ?).
It smells a little bit snobbery.

The fact is that, Yes I am mothertongue Italian, but husbandtongue English.
And the matter is further complicated by the fact that my husband in reality is German, but since we both speak respectively only Italian or German, English seems to be the only way we can decently communicate (at least for what concerns talking).
Thus my need to write mostly in English and once in a while in Italian.

Most people are capable of carrying more or less incompatible ideas in their heads at the same time, but the virtue of the blogger is to be able to write them in a way that many will enjoy reading them.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=a290fbfb2dabf576491bbfbeda3c15bc