ss_blog_claim=a290fbfb2dabf576491bbfbeda3c15bc

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Is technology really worth?

I am a technology fan and I shouldn't even ask the question.
Even worse, I shouldn't even have the answer I have.

I am not young and I am old enought to remember the times in which in Italy traveling on a train could be kind of fun.
You had the chance to meet a lot of people and chat.
So much that sometimes you regretted the trip was finished and you had to leave the train and stop talking.

My mother had the same regret some time ago.
She went to live in a city after twenty years she lived outside.
She was looking forward to make new friends in the condominium she went to live.
"I will finally have a balcony again and I will hve the chance to chat with my neigbourgh.
But that was a bitter surprise.
She has a balcony, quite a big one, but no neibourhgs to chat with.
They have portable phones now and one million TV channels.
The young ones have computers and the Internet.
Soon verybody will buy online and she will may be find an electronich cashier when she goes shopping.

Where has all humanity gone?
On a wire or on a wireless line.
Forgetting that the best wireless is the gossiping you do face to face.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=a290fbfb2dabf576491bbfbeda3c15bc