ss_blog_claim=a290fbfb2dabf576491bbfbeda3c15bc

Friday, May 22, 2009

The secret of success

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

I do not think it was a matter of genius, it was just life.
When you are 18 life looks completely different.
You have hopes, dreams, and expectations.
Then time passes, you realize you cannot fulfill all your hopes and your dreams and that life is different from all your expectations.
You become a little bit more realistic and you have new goals.

I can say for myself that I was quite lucky, I guess luckier than the people of today.
I belong to the "boom generation".
We were born after the war and there were few people and a lot to rebuild.
In my times the degree you took at High School was already a good business card to find a good job.
I was not too bad, and I could graduate at University.
I am a pharmacist and I was able to have my own business.
I enjoyed my work and made a good living.
I could have done much more, but also much less.
I am happy with myself and if I had the chance to relive my life I would of course avoid my mistakes, but I would probably make others.
What you do is never 100% right or 100% wrong.
It is up to you to make some good out of bad.
The secret of success in my opinion is not to do what you like, but to like what you do.
And in order to like what you do, you have to do the best you can.
Doing the best is doing the most and there is nothing better than always having new goals.
I am never 100% satisfied of what I do, and that is the secret of enjoying life.
Every day you have a new challenge and every day something new and interesting to do.

I think that it is nice to have high school reunions, since it gives you the opportunity to see your school friends, to live again the past and make new programs for the future.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=a290fbfb2dabf576491bbfbeda3c15bc