ss_blog_claim=a290fbfb2dabf576491bbfbeda3c15bc

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Thoughts of the beginning of the year

I am one year older (not yet, but it will be soon).
My mind and especially my memory doesn't work as it should or as it is supposed to.
I keep forgetting things and sometimes it makes me very angry with my brain.
It is getting like those programs in the computer who think they know better than you and want to do the things you didn't ask them to do.
They try to show that a computer can do things by itself and THAT makes you uncomfortable, because, with all respect for computers, it is better they do JUST WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO, which is what you ask them to...
For example, if I ask my computer to go to the blogger start, it authomatically brings me to my page, and no way out...
As when I want to go to Google.com I always finish to Google.it, because I have an talian IP address.
Computers assume (programs assume...) and they shouldn't...
The same does my brain.
It puts in the memory what IT thinks is important and NOT what I decide what IS.
After many years living with me, IT thinks to know what I like to remember, but BRAINS do not KNOW that human beings sometimes are unpredictable...
I guess it is also a matter of space.
After a certain age your brain is so full, it HAS to put some order, but instead of deleting old things, it deletes the new ones.
I guess IT reasons in this way.
If something is repeated more than twice, then it has a higher priority than something you just see or say or hear once...
But then after so many years of discriminating, it overdoes and deletes everything, unless it is something essential for your survival.

Many people look at the same picture, but everyone sees different things.
That is your brain discriminating. It sees what interests you, like things that are useful for your job, your way of living and so on.
The same happens when you read a book.
Usually you remember things that others don't, and others read things that you didn't.
That is what makes a cultured person different from another.
That is what school teaches or should teach you.
Out of a book you pick up and remember what you should.
The more intelligent, the better your brain is, the most you select.
When we are born our mind is mostly blank.
A virgin hard drive in which we will store all what we see, hear, say in our whole life.
In the beginning our memory is good because our brain can store all what we like to store.
After a while the space is less and the brain has to select what is important and what is not.
And here comes out the intelligence, which in my opinion is not only what you were born with, but also depends on the development of your brain.
I explain better: you are born with a certain load of instinctive notions that you increase with experience.
The more your experience, the more your brain works on it and the more intelligent you will be.
For example, if you know well music and painting the more you enjoy an art work, because you can see in it what an other one cannot.

Anyway, I still have an unanswered question: what can I do to keep my memory?

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=a290fbfb2dabf576491bbfbeda3c15bc