ss_blog_claim=a290fbfb2dabf576491bbfbeda3c15bc

Friday, January 19, 2007

I like it private

« Obamavision The revolution will be YouTubed »

Obitvision

Art Buchwald has died – and announced the news himself in a video on NYTimes.com: “Hi,” he says/said, “I’m Art Buchwald and I just died.”
There was still a twinkle in his eye.

The Times says this is the first of a new effort to go to the prominent to ask them on tape how they want to be remembered. It’s an absolutely wonderful idea. (I do wish, though, this tribute did not start off paying tribute to The Times for having the idea.)

How is it to be you?

That is what people want to know.

How is it to be you dying?

I guess I prefer not to know and not to show.

I like it private…

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=a290fbfb2dabf576491bbfbeda3c15bc