ss_blog_claim=a290fbfb2dabf576491bbfbeda3c15bc

Friday, October 24, 2008

When you should keep your "opinions" private

Imagine you buy a cell phone on eBay for a good price ($155)and when you receive it, you find out it doesn't work.
Besides getting very angry because cheated, the only weapon you have is leaving a negative feedback.
'Item was scratched, chipped and not the model advertised on Mr Jones's eBay account,' the eBayers wrote, assuming it was the end of the matter...
But it was not.
It looks like the case will reach court.
The seller declares his reputation damaged.
It must be said that the buyer received full refund.

I am on both sides, because something similar happened to me.
I bought a fur coat which on the photo looked perfect, but was so badly damaged it was impossible to wear.
I got a complete refund, but I saw the same coat on sale a few weeks later, this time not from a company, but from a private.
In this case that actual unlucky buyer was cheated twice, because the seller was a fake name and he got no refund!

Of course you cannot generalize, but THIS is the risk of buying on eBay.
I admit, I go on buying, but I think I got a little bit smarter and can read between lines, and, Every time I buy something I am perfectly aware that "The catch is around the corner"!
As I always say: on eBay you buy a photo.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=a290fbfb2dabf576491bbfbeda3c15bc