ss_blog_claim=a290fbfb2dabf576491bbfbeda3c15bc

Saturday, February 03, 2007

VoIP

My husband is a programmer.
He is programming applications for VoIP.
The only thing you can hear in our house is a lot of ringtones:

It's me!
It's for you!
It's your mother!
It's private number!
It's VoIP!
It's G.O.K! (God Only Knows)

We have telephones everywhere and every possible type.
We are five meters apart, but we mostly talk on a phone.
And the phones are five meters away, but the voice travels all over the world.

This is progress.

Once you just needed your voice, now you need:
1) Voice
2) Gateway
3) Gatekeeper
4) Ip phones or softphones
5) A connection to the Internet

And all this to say:
Do you hear me? I can hear you...
I can't...What the fuck...
Now I know why...
It is simple: it doesn't reach your phone because of this or because of that...
I have lunch on the Gas...
Just a minute...
I smell burning..
Now you can go...
Too late, it's burned, today we'll have a pizza...

The nicest moment of the day is the evening, when all the phones are put to sleep and we go to sleep too.

By the way, before sleeping I am reading a nice book: The labyrinth of language.
It talks about how languages work.
He is thinking of Voice recognition applications to VoIP, you never know, it could be useful to understand how the all thing works...
 
ss_blog_claim=a290fbfb2dabf576491bbfbeda3c15bc