ss_blog_claim=a290fbfb2dabf576491bbfbeda3c15bc

Friday, February 02, 2007

PPP versus Jeff Jarvis

"What irritates me is that Jeff Jarvis displays advertisements on his blog. How is that different from what I do via PPP?? "

The difference is that HE gets 5000$ and you (and me) 5.
And I am not saying that it is not fair.
He is a much better writer than me, and so he deserves more.
What I say is that the Advertisers do not care where their advertisements are, as long as they produce a ROI.
And the fact that PPP is quite succesful means that, may be having 10.000 blogs talking about you, produces a better revenue than one blog with PR9 can.
But I go much further.
Everybody is looking for the Killer Application, the bomb that is going to produce a lot of noise and bring a lot of millions to the one who produces it.
I think that it is time to look at the market from a different point of view.
And that is the Killer Application that actually brings jobs and not sales.
In a world where the producers are few and share 99% of the revenues it is getting hard to find new customers.
And no Killer application is going to bring many more buyers, if the buyers do not have the money to spend.
In a few words:
When the income is not shared, but concentrated in the hands of few, how to find customers?
So, welcome business models like PPP where the income is shared among many who will spend it and create new jobs, which will create new incomes and so on...
That is how the consumistic, capitalistic society was built and grew. May be is not the best model, but IT WORKS...
Long live PPP!!!

PS. Jeff jarvis is a wonderful writer and a wonderful mind.
I go daily to his blog and I honestly find it very interesting.
But sometimes he reminds me one of those beautiful buildings built 300 years ago which have narrow windows, because at that time they didn't have oil and winters were much colder than today.
Well, when you compare those buildings to the glass ones of today you see what I mean.
Light is everything and big windows are like open minds.
They let the light in...
It is true, I love old buildings, they are beautiful, but life is so much more comfortable in the new ones...

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=a290fbfb2dabf576491bbfbeda3c15bc