ss_blog_claim=a290fbfb2dabf576491bbfbeda3c15bc

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Valentine’s Day Challenge

Filed under: Growth — Jerry Lopper

"In the spirit of love I challenge you to commit yourself to unconditional love. Pick one person in your life: your spouse, significant other, child, parent, or friend. Commit that from this day forward you will love that person unconditionally.

Write the following: Dear (name), from this day forward I commit to love you unconditionally. I will love you no matter what you do, what you say, or how you behave. I will simply and totally love you. I hope that you love me, too, but that is not a condition. There are no conditions. I love you.

After you have written this, notice how you feel. You might feel light, free, joyous, or even full-of-yourself for being so magnanimous. But if you sincerely committed to unconditional love, I think you’ll enjoy some wonderful feelings."

If I did something of this kind I would feel utterly, desperately, unconditionally... very stupid.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=a290fbfb2dabf576491bbfbeda3c15bc